Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Lately

I stopped posting on fb about what meals I was preparing most every night after the ugly "quinoa meatball class" incident. See, I still get very angry and anxious when thoughts about the incident's perpetrator come out of the depth. 

By elimination, I then assumed that if I stopped posting about the meals no one else would ask me to teach anyone else how to make my strange concoctions. But the thing is, that I ENJOY posting about my meals, and if by doing so others have been inspired to either do a meatless day of their week, or eat more "weird" foods,  that makes me smile a little. 

So here are meals we've tried lately:

Eggplants with potatoes in pita pockets. The potatoes were awesome. The eggplants are not my husband's favorite but he still ate a lot of this :)

Black eyed peas with greens over couscous. I tried this recipe Black-Eyed Peas With Collard Greens - The New York Times and served over couscous. 

Basmati rice and Chickpea and spinach stew. I used this recipe Chickpea and Spinach Curry and served over basmati rice. Chickpea Curry with Basmati Rice Recipe

Penne rigate with sweet corn, zucchini, mushrooms and onions. I used my head to figure this one out :) I seasoned with oregano, sea salt and pepper.

When the baby was sick I made it a point to mix cut up peaches with fresh raspberries and drizzle with honey, since raspberries help the lungs recover. We all loved this simple dessert. 

Unfortunately, these dished have not been favorites in our house, but I'm glad we tried them. I did love the black eyed peas and I might serve them over rice when I make it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment